Long time no see. Christmas is right around the corner (time flies, story of an old lady 😉 ) and, as I have a sweet tooth and love baking, it is time for christmas cookies. I will show you more recipes during the Advent season, but these are currently my favorites!
- sunflower seeds, 250 gr (8.8oz)
- almond slivers, 150 gr (5.2oz)
- raisins, 75 gr (2.6 oz)
- cane sugar, 125 gr (4.4oz)
- coconut, grated, 30 gr (1oz)
- eggs, 2
- cinnamon, granulated, 1 tsp.
How to bake:
1) Mix together all ingredients. Form little cookies (with spoons) on baking sheet.
2) Bake at 175°C (347°F) for 15 minutes per sheet. It depends on the size of the cookies, whether they are ready to go after 15minutes. The bigger they are, the longer it takes. Logically. Try to take them off the sheet – if they break easily, put them back into the oven for some minutes.
That’s it! Just 2 steps AND they taste like Christmas – sugared almonds, cinnamon… perfection. Please promise me, that you will try them 🙂
- flour, 560 gr (19.7 oz)
- sugar, 160 gr (5.6 oz)
- butter, 400gr (14.1 oz)
- hazelnut, ground, 200 gr (7 oz)
- sugar, powdered, 150 gr (5.2 oz)
- vanilla sugar, 2 sachets
- pulp of vanilla bean, 1
How to bake:
1) Mix flour, sugar, ground hazelnut and butter (not melted, just cut into small pieces) to form a dough. This might take some time, as no eggs or other liquid are involved. Don’t worry. Knead, and knead, and knead …
2) Cool the dough in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
3) Form small “Kipferl” out of the dough and place on the baking sheet. Mine do not look like typical “Kipferl”, they are a bit too big. Once you form them, they might seem very fragile, and this will last until after baking them. Just be careful and place them on the sheet.
4) Bake at 175°c (347°F) for 15 minutes per sheet.
5) Mix the powdered sugar, vanilla sugar and the pulp of the vanilla bean and the rest of the vanilla bean in a big bowl.
6) Directly after getting the Kipferl out of the oven, roll them in the prepared sugar mixture. Therefore, the sugar will “caramelize” a bit and this is just – AMAZING! Voila… place in a bowl (“tupperware”) with the rest of the mixture and enjoy!
Guys, I hope you like the recipes – What are your favorite christmas cookies?